When I was in college, I was the type of person who lives in the here-and-now. I didn’t have long-term goals or plans for myself back then. I unknowingly began thinking about my future when I was already working. I was in danger of going #YOLO with my youthful energy and my pride. Ironically, I was taught to teach other people to listen well, and there I was struggling to teach myself how to listen. Good thing, I was able to feel the genuine love and care of people who gave me their wise counsel. ^_^
Anyway, this is how I see myself in 10 years. There are some details to it, but I’d rather be flexible with whatever comes my way. In 10 years…
- I’ll still be teaching. In 10 years, I will be in my mid-30s. I would be thankful to God if I am still teaching during (and beyond) those years. I’ve proven to myself that teaching is really my passion. I enjoy witnessing other people learn and improve. I am excited at how my students will pass what they’ve learned to their peers, family, friends, etc. I honestly have no specific school/s in mind, I really wanted keep my options open with this one. Speaking of which…
- I have my own school. This is one of my dreams when I took Music Ed in UP. I’m not sure yet if I wanted a studio- or a classroom-type of school. Whatever it may be, my goal is to reach out to others through music. I would like to serve the underprivileged, those who have the passion and the time to learn but don’t have the resources. I was actually toying with the idea of having a music outreach program in the nearer future. That will help me jumpstart this dream of mine.
- I have my own family. I still want to have enough energy and time for my future husband and kid/s. I know that I am not called by God to be single because I have a desire to have a lifetime partner. Haha. I do pray for my future husband and kids, that we will all grow together in the saving grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ. Of course, I do yearn for a holistically healthy family. If there will be any challenge that I need to face, I do hope that I can get through it with the help of God and my loved ones. 😊❤
- I’ll still be active in the Lord’s work. I will still be active in worship and youth ministries. If ever God allowed me to have more ministries, I will gladly accept it. However, I believe that my gifts are geared towards the worship and the youth. As for the church, I would like it to be CCBC, but we will never know. I will be flexible (and hopefully adjust well) wherever the Lord will lead me to serve.
- I will have my own library. This is a dream of mine since I was a wee li’l kid. I kid you not. Mama would usually tell me that I have too many books, and some of them are still unopened (thanks to BookSale for existing). I still prefer books over e-books because the LCD screen hurts my eye if I read for an hour. Even though technology is developing with an impressive speed, books will be here to stay. 📚
- My passport will have a stamp in it. I honestly enjoy and treasure my trips here in the Philippines. I can go back to local destinations anytime, as long as I have the resources. On the other hand, I would like to go out of the country as well (Konnichiwa! 안녕하세요).
That’s it, I guess. I don’t want to delve too much in the details. I like to be constantly surprised at what God has in store for me. I have to entrust to Him my future plans and let his will be done. I will end this blog post with a passage from God’s Word:
Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand.
Proverbs 19:21 ESV